Central Australian Aboriginal Congress (Congress) has over 40 years of experience providing primary health care for Aboriginal people living in Central Australia. Our culturally appropriate services target the social, emotional and cultural, as well as the physical health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
For 40 years, Central Australian Aboriginal Congress has been a voice for Aboriginal people in Central Australia. Today, the organisation provides comprehensive primary health care to Aboriginal people living in Alice Springs and five remote communities in Central Australia.
As a Non-Member Director — Specialist in Primary Health Care, you will have the following attributes:
- Ability to identify key issues in relation to primary health care and have oversight of appropriate policies to define the parameters within which the organisation will operate.
- Knowledge, experience and networks in public health including health policy, community health and wellbeing, health needs analysis, health planning, resource allocation, analysis of population health trends, critical appraisal of published evidence and service delivery.
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of primary health care, for example nursing, allied health, medical practice and specialties and community health service provision.
- An understanding of clinical governance, knowledge and experience in clinical leadership, safety and quality standards of service delivery in primary health care, and associated performance measurement and reporting.
- Knowledge and experience in the strategic use and governance of information management and information technology, particularly in the context of health, tele-health, the collection of health data and electronic health records, and including personal information in privacy and security risk management.
- Ability to commit to the responsibilities including the time required by this role and an ability to contribute to continuing to build the capacity and governance of the organisation.
The responsibilities and duty of care for Non-Member Directors is equal to that of Member Directors. As a Non-Member Director, it is not a requirement that you reside in Central Australia.
Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply
Contact person and how to apply:
Donna Ah Chee, CEO
ph (08) 8951 4401