The Institute for Aboriginal Development Incorporated (IAD) is a not-for-profit Aboriginal community-controlled corporation which was established in 1969. We’re based in Mparntwe (Alice Springs) on the traditional lands of the Arrernte people.
We deliver nationally-accredited adult education courses, bi-cultural training, language and culture services. We also produce publications on Central Australian Aboriginal languages, culture, politics, history and people.
Our vision is to empower our people to engage in self-determination practises using First Nation wisdom and First World Technology. We strive to do this by becoming a Centre of Cultural Excellence.
- executive, senior management
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The primary objective of the chief executive officer (CEO) is to contribute to the leadership of IAD to fulfil its vision.
The CEO supports the board of directors and works closely with them to enhance IAD’s public profile. Key responsibilities of the position include:
- implementing the strategic plan
- overseeing day-to-day operational matters and driving performance improvements
- ensuring the corporation maintains strong relationships with internal staff as well as funders and partners including government, non-government, philanthropic and corporate and the community
- ensuring financial sustainability by identifying opportunities for new income streams, pursuing funding, and developing business partnerships.
Contact person and how to apply:
For inquiries on the position, call Sheralee Taylor on 0423 037 345.
To apply, request the applicant job package, which includes the selection criteria and application process – email email@example.com